Health Care Initiative in the 2023 Throne Speech
Health care initiatives outlined in the 2023 throne speech include:
- Implement a patient-first strategy so health-care providers can give patients the option of accessing care anywhere in the province and treat them sooner.
- Increase the number of doctors working in a collaborative care practice.
- Create a credential recognition fund and process for specific internationally educated health-care professionals.
- Improve access to detox programs and concurrent disorder treatments for people struggling with mental health and addiction issues.
- Expand a pilot project to enhance critical care in adult residential facilities.